Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Promise I work, I really do.

So far this little blog has been all my trips and playing, but I really do work too. Now, my work can be confused by some as playing, but it is a valid job. I have been working for a company that designs travel, security products. So here's a little update on what I do. I've been able to work on lots of projects, all sorts of things, from point of purchase displays to bags all sorts in between. The biggest project I have underway is a line of womens bags for 2009, which has been a good challenge, as well as a main reason for staying longer. But here's one of the things I do for work and in particular this project: find fabrics. A colleague and I took a little trip to Sham Shui Po, the fabric district, and did some sourcing.. below is just a small bit of the result.

And there you have it... a little peak into what I do for a living. It's great, definitely a good experience and job thus far.

2 Comments:

  1. Alysha Sladek said...
    that is a whole lotta fabric!! wow! if you can, post some pics of the bags you did. your mom was telling me about them and they sound pretty cool...
    Lauren said...
    I'm glad to know the fabric swatches over there are fabulous enough to entice you to keep extending your stay time and again. (Hmm, maybe if I stole all the fabric in HK then you'd actually return for our crepe party.)

Post a Comment