Sunday, February 10, 2008

Even more of Cambodia... and wow, I am slow at getting these up. This should top it off though...

Here is a temple right next to Angkor Wat, called Angkor Thom or Bayon. It had faces carved all over each, one for each of the provinces of Cambodia at the time, I believe. It was another incredible site. I could've explored these temples for months, they were amazing.

Next stop, Ta Phrom, a favorite of one of our little Cambodian friends. This is the temple that was used in the film Tomb Raider, hence its nickname of Tomb Raider. I'm not quite sure why, but the way nature and neglect have destroyed the temple has made it gorgeous. It is an eerie kind of beautiful.

And I think these are my favorites pictures of the whole trip. I fell in love with all the little Cambodian kids (despite all of them wanting to sell us stuff). They were so full of energy and excited to have their pictures taken. We stopped at a roadside stand and hung out with the kids, they loved the candy we would bring for them and it distracted them from selling us stuff for a little bit. The 3 boys came to see us while we were waiting in our tuk tuk. And lastly, this little boy was so sweet, he didn't like his job, but was helping his family. He was a smart one and read a little for us and did a great job. Ah, I would have taken them all home with me if I could've...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment