Saturday, October 6, 2007

Turns out, if you take a bus for 20 minutes or so, you can leave the city and find the ocean. Just a few shots from Stanley.

The markets at Stanley, you can buy all sorts of stuff there...

And a little bit of color as the sun set on the water.

This is what I found just around the corner and up a street or so from my flat.

A few streets in my area. The first, Des Vouex Road, is the street that work is along. Apparently, it's the dried seafood street, and that's almost all they sell along it, as you can see from the other images. The second is the one I live along.

Here's my little flat, also known as my little box. It's small, but it works.

I met a couple girls visiting from Seoul at church and played in Hong Kong with them later that week. So here's a little from our adventure, starting at the Temple with KaRyn. We headed across the Harbour on the MTR to have dim sum and exploring. Lumina loved the circle building, we later found out is the Jardine House, which at one point was the tallest building in Hong Kong.

The Mid-Autumn Festival was a couple weeks ago, I'm a little slow at getting it up. It could also be referred to as the Lantern Festival or Mooncake Festival, as there were plenty of both. Around this time, everyone is eating mooncakes, which are heavy dense cakes traditionally with egg yolk in the center... definitely not a new favorite dessert, but worth a try. It could take months to eat one... So here are a few images of Victoria Park and the festival there.

3 Comments:

  1. Stacey Salmon said...
    Hey Meghan what's up??? I love your pictures. It looks like you are having an awesome time.
    Stacey
    Alysha Sladek said...
    wow megs!!!
    Lauren said...
    Of course you have a pic of your bed with your laptop on it. I'd expect nothing less. Think I could fit my stuff into a flat there? By the time I got all the books in, where would I sleep?

Post a Comment