Friday, July 11, 2008

Alright - here's the last of Vietnam - I'm working on getting photos of Romania, Turkey, and London up. But this is the first free night I've had in a while.
Anyhow - looking back at the photos I have from Vietnam reminded me of how many colours, smells, and sounds there were. It was fun to see - so here are a few samples of what I saw. Traffic is insane - motos everywhere, but crossing the street could be a death defying experience. Money - for the first time in my life I was a millionaire - too bad that only lasted a weekend. Bundles of incense. This was a door front that opened into a torn-down wreck and was right next door to buildings in good condition. A little bit of the arts - of course I had to add that in - I wanted to sit down and learn how to do the eggshell and lacquer art, but I don't think the tour bus would've waited for me. But here's a bit of the supplies and process of that Vietnamese specialty.
And there you have it: a weekend in Vietnam (there are far more pictures, but these will have to do, haha).

1 Comment:

  1. Dad said...
    I love the photos and the commentary.....you see the world in an interesting and joyful way.....keep it up. Love ya, Dad

Post a Comment